Vole & Strimmer guards are designed to protect young trees from damage by both voles and mice and/or the careless use of a strimmer.
Every year thousands of trees are killed by vole and mice, or because of the accidental damage caused by a strimmer.
An economic solution is the use of Tubex's simple Vole & Strimmer guard.
Made of 100% recycled Polypropylene, the high gauge single wall construction and wrap around rigid design means they need no support and are easy to install.
Provided application is done with care and focused around the base of a tree, the Vole & Strimmer guard can also protect trees from herbicide spray.
The added benefit of the coiled, wrap around design means they expand with the growth of the tree.
The vole guards can be used for a wide range of planting stock and site conditions, but are well suited for use in overgrown conditions, where voles are found.
- Helps protects from voles & mice.
- Helps protect against accidental damage from strimming.
- Helps protect from (carefully applied) herbicide spray.
- Easy wrap around installation.
Installation (view the installation tab above for a more comprehensive installation guide)
- Separate from nest of 3 guards, gently open and wrap around the base of the tree.
- Push the guard into the soil slightly to create an effective barrier against vole and mice damage.
- Note – no support is required if installed correctly, however should you wish to provide your young tree plant & vole guard with extra support then we recommend using a cane.
- Plan for removal and recycling at end of life once the tree is established.