Environmental & Sustainability Policy Statement
Located in rural Lincolnshire, British Hardwood Tree Nursery Ltd (BHT) is one of the UK’s leading specialist wholesale suppliers of bare root plants and planting accessories for the forestry, farming, estate management and landscaping sectors and as such plays a significant role in enhancing the countryside and the environment.
BHT recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually strive to improve our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods.
BHT is committed to:
- Making environmental protection a priority for all members of staff, its suppliers, and other interested parties.
- Continually improving the systems and processes we employ to ensure we protect the environment.
To support these policy aims, British Hardwood Tree Nursery Ltd will:
- Comply with and where possible exceed all applicable statutory laws and regulations.
- Inform and train employees to take account of environmental issues in all aspects of their work.
- Reduce, re-use and recycle waste wherever possible.
- Encourage our supply chain and interested parties to embrace best environmental practice and to adopt as far as possible policies and practices to mitigate climate change.
- Ensure that BHT HQ continues to offer a valuable habitat to wildlife.
- Regularly review the portfolio of products we offer to ensure they make a positive contribution to the environment and offer sustainable solutions.
This policy is reviewed continually and regularly to ensure that it remains appropriate to both the business and the aims set out in it.
Signed Managing Director:
Date: 21st July 2021