Use our biodegradable, all natural, jute & hessian weed mat roll to improve growing conditions without the need for chemical treatment.
These fully biodegradable weed mat rolls are made from jute fibres with a hessian backing.
Ideal for linear planting, it is robust and easy to install.
The jute and hessian weed mat roll suppresses weeds, protects plant roots from frost, retains
moisture in arid conditions, whilst allowing moisture to pass through in damp conditions.
· Moisture control
· Weed suppression
· Temperature control
· Protection against soil compaction/erosion
· Prepare flattened ground by weeding or strimming prior to installation
· Fix into position with pegs or pins
· Overlap ends where possible to restrict weed growth
· To plant through the matting, cut an L-shape, fold the corner back and plant.
1. It is important to prepare the ground before laying your matting. Ideally weed the area and/or strim to create a flat surface.
2. Place the roll of weed matting at one end of the area you wish to cover and roll out.
3. Should you need to overlap your weed matting, ensure at least 20-30cm overlap to protect against weeds breaking through.
4. Once laid, fix the edges with pegs or metal pins at 50cm intervals.
5. Decide the spacing and location of your plants. Cut an L shape into the weed matting to create a planting notch. Fold the corner of the cut notch back. For plants with a larger fibrous root structure create a pit, for smaller root structure a notch, then plant. Then gently push the matting back into place against the stem of the plant.